Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of First Grade

Well, believe it or not, I started first grade today. My new school is called Harvest Christian Academy. I really like my uniforms, but I don't really like that I have to wear the same shoes everyday (I'm such a shoe girl). I started off the day with breakfast casserole (per my request) at about 6:30. That is really early!!! It is going to be hard to get up early for school everyday, but I guess I will get used to it! I got dressed pretty quick, so thankfully I had time for some pictures before we had to leave for school!!




Here is a picture of me outside my classroom. I adjusted much easier this morning than Mommy thought I would (I think I had a much easier time than Mommy did :)!!) Mommy and Daddy both brought me to school for my first day, and I really liked that!!

This is my teacher, Mrs. Gumm. She is really nice. I know I will warm up to her once I get to know her!!



This is my desk. I sit between Blake and Emily. I told Mommy I didn't think I was going to make any friends today since it was only a half day of school, but I did!!! My new friends are Annslie, Emily, and Emma. We got to tour the school today, make bookmarks, go to chapel, and learn about the other children. I had so much fun - I can't wait to go back tomorrow!!!!


5 comments:

Gramie said...

Cassidy, you remind me so much of your mom on her first day of 1st grade in the very same plaid jumper!! I can hardly believe you are big enough to be in 1st grade -I am sure you will have a great year!

Hugs and Kisses,
GRAMIE

NANA said...

Cassidy, you look too big and too cute in your new school uniform!! I cannot believe you are big enough for first grade but I am soo glad you already made new friends!! Nana loves you too much and I hope you have a great year in first grade!!

Brandi Tooker said...

Finally a Foster update! Cassidy looks precious in her school outfit! Can't believe she is in 1st grade!! Wow!

CC said...

Cassidy,

You look so grown up in your adorable school uniform. It looks a lot like Aunt Melanie's except just a little different color. I know that you had a great day and I am so happy that you made new friends as well. I knew you would be such a big first grader and I know you will have an amazing year. I am so very proud of you precious girl. Can't wait to meet Mrs. Gumm. What a cool name. Love you lots.

Love,
CC (aka Rockin' Woman and Wild Woman) Ha! Ha!

Lindy said...

I can't believe Cassidy is in the first grade! She is so cute! I check your blog all the time for updates so I'm glad you posted something new! :)